These beautiful Pain au Levain are the perfect carriers for the stealth health of HealthSense High Fiber Whole Wheat Flour incorporated at 30%.
Download the Pain au Levain with HealthSense High Fiber Whole Wheat Flour Formulation
WATCH: Ciril Hitz Bakes with with HealthSense High Fiber Wheat Flour
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|7801 0% TOTAL|
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place into a sprayed container, cover and allow to ferment for 15-18 hours at approximately 75 F (sour will approximately double in size.)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a stand mixer on first speed for 4 minutes.
- Mix an additional 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the dried cranberries on speed one as an alternative option.
- Place in a sprayed container, take the temperature and cover with a lid.
- Allow dough to ferment for 30 minutes and give one stretch and fold. Wait another 30 minutes and give another stretch and fold then wait 20 minutes and give one last stretch and fold.
- Divide dough after 2 hours of primary fermentation into 740 gram units.
- Pre-shape round and allow to bench rest for 20 minutes.
- Final shape into batards and allow to final proof for 2-2.5 hours.
- Cold ferment overnight or continue with the fermentative process.
- Bake with steam at 450 F for 35-40 minutes.
- Mixing times and water temperatures may vary depending on the work environment and mixing equipment.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.