This focaccia bread made with nutritious whole wheat HealthSense will keep your customers returning for more. Customize with your favorite herbs and cheese as an upscale alternative to traditional garlic bread.
Download the Focaccia with HealthSense High Fiber Whole Wheat Formulation
WATCH: Ciril Hitz Bakes with with HealthSense High Fiber Wheat Flour
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|7376 0% TOTAL|
- Combine 70 F water and yeast and stir until completely dissolved.
- Combine all of the above ingredients and blend together to a smooth consistency.
- Cover so that no crust can form.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature overnight.
DOUGH - FINAL DOUGH WEIGHT 5375 grams
- Place water, poolish, yeast, salt and flour in vertical mixer and mix on 1st speed for 6 minutes, scraping the bottom of the bowl every two minutes.
- Mix on 2nd speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled container, making sure that the internal dough temperature is 75 F. If not, place in a warm environment until desired temperature is achieved.
- Ideally, give the dough a stretch and fold every 30 minutes (3-4 stretch and folds over the direction of 2 1/2 hours.) Total time of bulk fermentation should not exceed 3 hours.
- Divide dough into 3 oiled half-sheet pans (1790 grams.)
- Gently manipulate the dough to the outer edge every 10 minutes.
- Add any prepared vegetables to the dough before the third manipulation sequence.
- After the 3 manipulation sequences, allow the dough to ferment for 20 minutes.
- Make sure the dough fills the entire pan in all dimensions.
- Bake at 480 F. There is no need for steam since the dough is covered in oil.
- Add desired cheese halfway through the bake.
- Bake for a minimum of 25-30 minutes.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.