A naturally fermented Sough dough bread made with Sprouted BeneGrain Whole Wheat Flour. A traditional sourdough bread with a light sour flavor and sweet maltiness from the sprouted wheat. Bay State Milling Company will sample this bread at the International Artisan Bakery Expo.
Download the Sprouted Sourdough Cold Fermented Batard Formulation
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|5700 190% TOTAL|
Sour and Levain
- Combine the BeneGrain Sprouted flour, sour culture and water. Mix untill thoroughly combined with a desired dough temperature of 75° to 80°F.
- Allow mix to sit at ambient temperature for 5 to 6 hours.
- Refrigerate and allow fermenting for a minimum of 24 hours and up to 4 days before refreshing.
- Combine Flours, Sour culture and 80˚F water.
- Mix until well combined and allow fermenting at ambient temperatures for 4 to 8 hours.
- In a Dough Trough or spiral mixer Combine Flour from the final dough, Levain and salt mix gently until all the ingredients are well combined. Immediately incorporate the salt no Autolayse.
- Transfer to an oiled dough tray and administer a first fold.
- Fold once every half hour for two hours with a total of four folds being administered.
- Divide and round into 800 gram dough balls for a 6 inch diameter banneton.
- Cold ferment for 12 hours at 55˚F.
- Remove from retarder and Bake at 465˚F in a deck oven with 20 seconds of steam. Bake for approximately 35 minutes with venting at the last ten minutes.
Times and temperatures listed in this method have been tested in the Rothwell GrainEssential Center. These have been optimized for our conditions. Adjustments to times and temps may vary by processing center.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.