This pizza dough is a perfect example of how HealthSense High Fiber Wheat lets your customers eat the foods they love while reaping the benefits of resistant starch fiber!
Download the HealthSense Pizza Dough with Poolish Formulation
WATCH: Ciril Hitz Bakes with with HealthSense High Fiber Wheat Flour
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|2545.25 0% TOTAL|
- Combine all of the poolish ingredients and blend together to a smooth consistency.
- Cover so that no crust can form.
- Allow to ferment overnight at room temperature.
DOUGH - FINAL WEIGHT 2015 grams
- Mix all of the above ingredients on 1st speed for four minutes in a stand mixer.
- Mix on 2nd (medium) speed for 2-3 minutes, slowly adding savory oil*.
- Place dough in oiled container making sure that the internal dough temperature is 75F. If it is not, place in a warm environment until that temperature is achieved.
- Cover and let rest for 45 minutes, then give the dough a stretch and fold.
- Cover and let rest for another 45 minutes, then divide the dough into 220 gram units.
- Pre-shape the units round. Spray with some oil, cover with plastic so that no crust can form and place in the refrigerator for later use. (Ideally, wait 3 hours before baking and store the dough like this for up to 2 days.)
- Roll out dough to about 1/4" and place toppings on the pizza. Dust a peel with flour and load the pizzas into a 700F wood-fired oven with a active fire burning.
- Bake for 3-6 minutes, depending on preference.
- *Savory oil mix consists of a blend of olive oil, salt, pepper, crush garlic and spices of your choice.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.