This delicious, wholesome, whole grain bagel formulation delivers 6.25g of fiber per 85g serving of bagel. The fiber content in this bagel allows for the end producer to make an “excellent source of fiber” claim.
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|3192.41 177.35% TOTAL|
- Add all ingredients to 12 quart mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook.
- Mix for 1 minute on low speed and 8 minutes on medium speed with a dough hook or until developed.
- Bulk rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Divide and round into desired weight (approximately 3.3oz).
- Allow dough to bench rest for 10 minutes at ambient temperature covered.
- Process under pressure board or roll out by hand into a cylindrical shape 6”- 8” long.
- Press down on each end of the cylinder; bend the cylinder until it forms a complete ring
with the other end. Pinch the ends together forming a bagel.
- Proof for 60 minutes at 95°F/83%RH.
- Place in retarder for 3 hours.
- Boil the bagels for 1 to 2 minutes, turn bagels over with slotted spoon and repeat boiling
for 1 to 2 minutes— until they have expanded in size.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 60 minutes and package.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.