Beautiful and buttery, this brioche maintains a rich taste and tender crumb using HealthSense High Fiber Whole Wheat Flour. Customize with sweet or savory fillings and toppings for a treat your customers won’t soon forget! They’ll never know they’re adding naturally occurring fiber to their diet.
Download the Brioche with HealthSense High Fiber Whole Wheat Formulation
WATCH: Ciril Hitz Bakes with with HealthSense High Fiber Wheat Flour
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|5363 0% TOTAL|
DOUGH - FINAL DOUGH WEIGHT 3250 GRAMS
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the butter and lemon zest on 1st speed until pick-up stage.
- Make butter pliable.
- Increase mixer to 2nd speed and slowly add your butter to form a perfect window.
- Add the lemon zest once half the butter has been added.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 6 hours, then place in refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Divide into 36 pieces and work around.
- Form into desired shapes and proof for 1-2 hours at room temperature or 78 F until size has doubled.
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 360 F in convection oven for 15 minutes.
- If you are making individual tartlets, you will want to egg wash them after they have doubled in size, open the center then fill with the desired options, sweet or savory.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart: Fill the center with the hazelnut filling, add the chocolate batons and sprinkle the center of the tart with a crumb topping and garnish the edge of the tart with cinnamon sugar.
- Potato Skin Tart: Fill the center cavity with pesto, top off with some mashed potatoes then add some bacon and chives and finish with some grated cheese. Sprinkle the edge of the tart with some Maldon sea salt.
- Cream the room temperature butter with the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the room temperature eggs gradually until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. It is best to refrigerate overnight.
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a 20 qt. mixer and blend them together with a paddle, taking care not to over mix.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle over product.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.