Featured at 2013 IBIE in Las Vegas.
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
Step 3 (Lye Dip)
Step 4 (Pretzel Salt)
- Place Step 1 ingredients in a Hobart bowl fitted with a dough hook. Mix for 3 minutes on low speed and 3 minutes on medium speed until dough is almost fully developed.
- Add Step 2 ingredient to the dough and continue to mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Dough should be approximately 78ºF +/- 2 ºF and will be fully developed.
- Allow dough to intermediate proof for 5 minutes at ambient conditions.
- Scale into 3.25 ounce (92 gram) pieces and round. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough to 8-10” cylinders and twist into pretzel shape.
- Proof pretzels for 20 minutes at 100ºF/85% RH.
- Dip pretzel into lye bath and place on a greased, perforated sheet pan.
- Place approximately 2 grams of step 4 ingredient on top of the pretzel.
- Bake in a preheated convection oven at 500ºF for 5-7 minutes or until pretzels are fully baked and the desired color has been achieved.
- Cool, package and enjoy!
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.