Artisan Breakfast Bread Bowl Formulation
A simple formulation is made better when using Heritage® Artisan Flour.
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|2074.5 207.45% TOTAL|
- Using a Hobart Mixer fitted with a 12-quart mixing bowl and dough hook, combine flour and water. Mix for 3 minutes on 1st speed until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Autolyse for 20 minutes at room temperature (65-75 degrees F.)
- Add salt and yeast. Mix on 1st speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled tub. Cover and let ferment 1 to 3 hours, ambient.
- During fermentation, fold three times at the following intervals: 30 - 60 - 120 minutes.
- Retard dough at 47 degrees F for 15 to 18 hours.
- Remove from retarder and fold in bacon and cheese.
- Divide the dough into 100 gram pieces and place on a well-floured surface.
- Pre-shape dough into a boule shape by gently rounding into a ball. Bench rest for 30 to 40 minutes, ambient.
- Shape into final boule.
- Place each boule on top of generously floured linen on peel board.
- Proof for 50 minutes, ambient.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using peel board, load bread boules into oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes with steam during the first 20 seconds (approx.)
- Remove the bread bowls from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Fill with favorite egg and meat combination.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.