The combination of GrainEssentials ® Savory 7 Grain Blend, GrainEssentials ® White Whole Wheat Flour, and Winona ® Bread Flour help to create a flavorful, healthful, and texturally appealing baguette.
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
|550 185.02% TOTAL|
- Place sponge ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute on low speed and 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Target sponge temperature is 78°F.
- Ferment for 3 hours at 95°F/85% RH.
- End of fermentation target dough temperature is 86-88°F.
- Place dough ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix for 30 seconds on low speed.
- Add sponge to bowl and mix for 1 minute on low speed and 4-6 minutes on medium speed to optimum development.
- Target dough temperature is 78°F (+/- 2°F).
- Rest for 10 minutes on bench for intermediate proof.
- Divide and round into 370 gram (13 ounce) dough pieces.
- Rest for 15 minutes on bench for intermediate proof.
- Mould dough pieces; allow to rest for 10 minutes on bench.
- Roll dough pieces into 25-inch long cylinders.
- Proof for 70 to 80 minutes at 85°F/80%RH.
- Remove from proof box and score loaves with a razor blade, 5 to 6 diagonal slices ¼-inch deep.
- Bake at 425°F for 18-25 minutes. Add steam as desired to develop crust.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.