In addition to healthy, whole grain goodness, these bagels deliver a delightful flavor profile that is enhanced by the Bakers Elements® grain blend topping.
(f) denotes flour ingredients.
|WEIGHT (g) PERCENTAGE INGREDIENTS|
Step 1 Dough
|2086.12 173.83% TOTAL|
- Add all ingredients to 12 quart mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook.
- Mix for 1 minute on low speed and 8 minutes on medium speed with a dough hook or until developed.
- Bulk rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Divide and round into desired weight (approximately 3.75oz per cut).
- Allow dough to bench rest for 10 minutes at ambient temperature, covered.
- Process under pressure board or roll out by hand into a cylindrical shape 6”- 8” long.
- Press down on each end of the cylinder; bend the cylinder until it forms a complete ring with the other end. Pinch the ends together forming a bagel.
- Proof for 60 minutes at 102°F/80%RH.
- Place in retarder for 3 hours.
- Boil the bagels for 1 to 2 minutes, flip bagels and continue boiling for 1 to 2 minutes. They will expand in size.
- Select your favorite Bakers Elements topping blend
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool for 40 minutes and package.
The information contained in this publication is based on our own research and development work and is to the best of our knowledge reliable. Users should, however, conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of our products for their own specific purposes. Statements contained herein should not be considered as a warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and no liability is accepted for the infringement of any patents.