Bay State Milling Company Sustainability Statement: Ingredients for a Sustainable Future
Since 1899, we have maintained business practices that are economically viable, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. We strive to balance the current needs of the environment, our employees and their families, the community, our supply chains, the marketplace and our family owners without compromising the ability of subsequent generations to meet the future needs of those same stakeholders.
The three key pillars of our sustainability program: Economic, Environmental and Social.
We commit to creating and sharing value across the entire supply chain in our pursuit of accessible and affordable healthy ingredients.
- We take every opportunity to utilize our internal and external resources to manage risk and long-term challenges.
- We look to the internal framework of the Bay State Milling Approach, our Core Purpose and Values to fulfill our stakeholder expectations, regulatory obligations and ensure the safety and welfare of our assets—our employees, customers and environment.
- We believe this approach will bring about the best return for all our stakeholders and secure our longevity for future generations.
We believe exceptional ingredients come from stewardship and sustainable practices from farm to factory.
- We continually invest in initiatives and efficiencies to help conserve the natural resources of our planet.
- We respect and adhere to the laws and practices of local economies of our global supply chain.
- We expect our suppliers to share our values through our Vendor Code of Business Conduct.
We invest in the wellbeing of our employees, customers and growers for the future.
- We will connect agriculture and food to promote health and wellness for all.
- We strive to have a positive impact where we do business around the globe.
- We engage in our communities through national and local charities and organizations.
- We choose like-minded supplier partners who work within our Vendor Code of Business Conduct.
- All employees are encouraged to take an active role in the organization and contribute with integrity according to our Code of Conduct.
- We will provide work-life balance through company-supported benefits and programs.
Please click here to view the graphic of our Sustainability Statement.
Bay State Milling Company and Winona County present The Zero Waste Challenge. Bay State Milling’s “Winona Green Team” reduced the flour milling facility’s landfill waste by 80% from 2012 to 2014. The effort, which is still ongoing, was recognized with the 2015 Corporate Leadership in Sustainability Award by Sustain Winona, a multi-sector partnership that works on sustainability initiatives in the county.
View on YouTube: The Zero Waste Challenge by Bay State Milling Company & Winona County